October 31, 2004
A Player's Turn:
- Pick up a card (turn up a new one) & move Alexander to a point on the nearest available matching triangle OR
Play a hand card to move Alexander as above and discard any other card.
- Place walls so that Alexander's route is fully covered.
- Perform 2 actions:
- Take Card - a face-up card or the top of the deck. After there should be 2 face up cards.
- Occupy a Province:
- Place at least 1 governor on a symbol in the province.
- Discard a card for all other symbols in the province.
- Take Over Another's Province:
- For governor in the province, must discard 2 cards matching his symbol.
- Then Occupy the Province as above.
- Player who had to vacate receives half (rounded up, chosen by the victor) the cards used.
- Collect Taxes:
- Only once per turn.
- Must discard a card matching one of your governor's spaces.
- All players collect taxes where they have only 1 governor per province.
- Each vacant space in a province counts 1 VP.
- Remove 1 Own Governor (no card required).
- Place Alexander on the marked starting point (at the top left).
- Shuffle the cards and deal one face-down to each player.
- Turn over 2 cards.
- Choose a starting player.
In the first situation, the player still executes his two additional actions. The winner in both cases is the player with the most points.
- When the active player does not have sufficient black boundary walls to mark the path and must take red walls in order to do so, OR
- When one or more players score more than 100 points.